Sunday 30 November 2014

A BIRTHDAY MESSAGE TO HIS EXCELLENCY JOHN DRAMANI MAHAMA


Happy birthday to you ................ 4x
How old are you now ..................4x
May God bless you now ..............4x

Indeed it is only right that I start with this conventional birthday song. Glad I didn’t have to do this orally because I have quite a nice voice I assure you.
I trust I am the millionth person to wish you a happy birthday but nonetheless I do it anyway with all the seriousness and happiness it deserves. Even though I would have loved to be in the league of the few privileged ones who can just pick their phones to call you and relay their message directly but we aren’t all the same, are we? It’s normal I understand.


Mr President am I allowed to ask how you plan to celebrate this day? With your family and friends and some dignitaries I guess? Interesting! Will all your children be available? I would love to be there to see their number for myself, I have heard you have quite a number, but that’s the hallmark of a real man right? A real man is the one who has many kids and more importantly can cater for them, am I right? Or isn’t that what our people say? hahahahah. By extension you are the father of over 25 million people (even though am not so sure about how well you are looking after them) but I trust the 17 or so if am correct that are biologically yours are having a good time.

And your birthday party sir, if any, I trust it will be a buffet (serve-yourself). Indeed I would love to be there too but again we aren’t all allowed, are we? Yea I understand.
But do you really know that people like me wouldn’t have given a damn about when your birthday falls or better still if you really had one if not for the position you hold. I should think by now per the dictates of diplomacy almost all presidents across the world through their ambassadors and high commissioners have sent you a birthday message. I do not know what work you did before you entered into politics or better still became a president but I doubt if you would have attracted such profile goodwill messages from across the world, so you should be grateful to God.

But more importantly it should remind you of the greater responsibility as a president. As you enjoy your birthday party, take a sip of your (I don’t know your favorite drink but I trust it’s a very expensive wine most likely imported for this occasion) take time to reflect on the many who have put their care in your hands just so one day they can also invite a couple of friends to celebrate their birthday with or just so one day their children can also enjoy a good life.

Mr President I trust the party will be in the night, because normally that’s when everyone has closed from work and the family is home to relax. But have you made provisions for a stand-by generator? Or wait, you do not experience dumsor dumsor at the Presidential palace, am I right? Oh great! That makes sense because I know even the Burma Camp doesn’t experience dumsor dumsor so how much more the Commander-in-Chief himself. (hahahah ECG dares not). Indeed some are more fearsome than others. That’s fair enough.

Ah well where I scribble this goodwill message from, I stand the threat of learning in darkness as I prepare for a more important task of learning for my exams, (obviously that’s more important than your party). But never mind I just want to say that as you enjoy your birthday take some time to reflect over the power crisis in the country. Your creation of a Power Ministry with the hope of ending this problem still remains ridiculous to me but I pray it works out perfectly fine for us all.


I hope am not deviating. Indeed I wish you well, I pray for God’s blessings and long life for you and your family. More importantly I pray for wisdom and clear vision to see things the way Ghanaians do because clearly after your ascension to the high office your vision has been blurred to some extent. I liked how you saw things when you were in opposition. You seemed to be very critical of the then government and had solutions to virtually all the problems back then. Power, Energy, Health, Economy, Corruption etc but it appears the only thing you have succeeded in doing is compounding all these problems and making it more difficult for whoever will come after you.


I know just like any other President your intentions for this country are genuine and borne out of the commitment and dedication to serve (that’s what they all say). I do not think the problems we face now were in your manifesto, you never promised those things (in fact if it were, then you would have succeeded in becoming the most accomplished president ever) and so your desire to see us leap out of our problems can never be in doubt. But the reality is that we still are in the same mess.
The state of the NHIS is not funny anymore. I thought you said free SHS education in 2012 was a rush and unrealistic and that progressively free SHS was the way to go more importantly preceded by access and quality. So what happened to cause an announcement of a free SHS in 2015 only a year after being in power? The 200 day senior high schools you promised I guess, or that’s your definition of progressive? I see. Ahuh! So what’s happened to those schools, 50 yearly we were told, I am not so good at math but we should be having about a 100 now if am not wrong. What about the changing of the Polytechnics to technical Universities?
And so you see why you don’t even have time to waste on celebrating and receiving birthday messages? You have work to do Mr President.

As for corruption we know you didn’t introduce it, it’s been there since Adam was a living being but undoubtedly we know it has hit a record high under your watch. Of course the usual corruption rhyme of (GYEEDA, SUBA, SADA etc) will always hunt you. And your commitment to fighting it at least by word of mouth has been impressive but the real actions on the ground, am sorry! I hate to say you have failed but as at now indeed you have. Again you see the more reason why you need God’s wisdom more than anything on this day?

I won’t go any further Mr. President. It’s your birthday please enjoy. You are not an evil man. In fact you have done some great things too except that these are more pressing and deserve more attention. Besides the things you have achieved are your promises and responsibility so, we shouldn’t really be singing praises all over the place when you fulfill them, should we? Just like Balotelli, “scoring is my responsibility, so why run to celebrate when I score a goal” so he explains, and I subscribe to every word in that.

And so I pray for Long life, I pray for good health, wisdom and blessings of God for you on this day but please do take some time to reflect on the bigger picture.
Enjoy yourself Sir.
Have a nice day.


Once again Happy Happy Happy birthday Mr. President.

No comments:

Post a Comment